Strathroy Chapter Vision and Mission Statements
The Strathroy Chapter will provide the opportunity for men and women of all ages to blend their voices in the unique style of barbershop harmony singing, and will provide wholesome musical entertainment to people of all ages, through this and neighbouring communities wherever our services may be desired.
To realize our vision, the Strathroy Chapter will:
- provide the means for men and women to participate in and enjoy the singing of barbershop-style harmony, both in chorus and quartet singing.
- provide for its membership an organized process to learn and sing barbershop-style harmony from written arrangements or by "ear singing".
- develop the members vocal talents and performance abilities so that each time they sing together, they will perform at the best level possible.
- provide an atmosphere and programs which result in a high level of camaraderie and social benefit to members.
- be a community leader in the cause of preserving and encouraging vocal music in schools and our communities by singing barbershop music for schools, churches and social events.
- enrich the lives of the less fortunate people in our communities by singing music for senior citizen homes, nursing homes and hospitals.
- initiate, promote and participate in charitable projects, especially those projects which benefit the Ontario District's barbershop charities.